The first thing we want you to know is that everyone is welcome at Bridgeway! Regardless of where you may be on your spiritual journey, we invite you to join with us in our Sunday services, our Community Group gatherings, and in whatever other classes, missional outreach, or worship celebrations we may provide.
For those who wish to identify with Bridgeway as their church family and to participate as a covenant member and minister more fully in the life of this local body, we would cite several requirements, together with a few questions:
- Are you a born-again believer in Jesus Christ? Do you embrace the gospel of God’s saving and redemptive work in the person of Jesus, at the cross and in his resurrection from the dead, as your only hope for forgiveness and eternal life?
- Have you listened to the two sermons by Sam Storms, The Biblical Blessing of Covenant Membership in the Local Church, and/or read the related sermon notes? Have you attended weeks one and two of Blueprints?
- Read and pray over our Mission Statement and the Ministry Values that shape the way we “do church” at Bridgeway. Ask yourself the question: “Is this something I believe is biblical and can I support and contribute to its fulfillment?”
- Do you acknowledge the spiritual authority of Jesus Christ as head of the local church and of the Board of Elders whom the Spirit has raised up as overseers (Acts 20:28), and do you agree to follow their leadership and submit your life to their guidance, as those who will joyfully give an account for your soul (Heb. 13:17)?
- Are you committed to faithfully attend and participate in the corporate gatherings at Bridgeway and to support the ministry of this church with your prayers and finances (Heb. 10:24-25; 1 Cor. 11:17-20; 14:19,23,26)?
- Have you carefully read and do you sincerely embrace the Bridgeway Statement of Faith for Covenant Membership?
- Have you read and sincerely affirmed the Bridgeway Covenant for Membership?
- Have you met with a pastor or elder for a Blueprints follow-up meeting (currently offered as a breakout session embedded in the second week of the two-week Blueprints course)? If not, before attempting to complete the membership process by filling out the form below, please e-mail J.J. Seid, Pastor of Community and Discipleship, and he'll help you schedule a one-on-one follow-up meeting. We look forward to connecting with you and hearing your story.
We hope you were able to answer Yes to each of those questions. If so, we welcome you into membership at Bridgeway Church and rejoice in your presence and ministry in the life of this body of believers. Even if, at this point in your spiritual journey, you cannot affirm or embrace the preceding points, and do not wish to pursue formal membership with us, we are thrilled that you are here and we invite you to explore the good news of the gospel of Jesus Christ. We want you to feel loved and welcomed at all of our services and activities.
Some may wonder whether or not participation in one of our Community Groups at Bridgeway is a condition for membership. The simple answer is No. However, our hope for each member of this church is that they be fully engaged in some form of community life where the covenant they have made can be expressed and experienced in relationship with other believers of like mind and heart. So, we strongly urge each member of Bridgeway to actively participate in a Community Groups. Our Community Groups are by no means the only place where genuine community can be found, but they are the frontline for pastoral care and the primary place of community life for most people in membership.
Although water baptism by immersion after coming to faith in Jesus Christ is not listed as a condition for membership, we do believe that every Christian should be baptized. If you have not been baptized since coming to faith in Christ, we strongly encourage you to do so as soon as possible.