"And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit.”
2 Corinthians 3:18
We want to be a diverse spiritual family of intentional disciples who are Beholding Jesus and Becoming more like him. A disciple is someone who actively imitates both the life and teachings of Jesus.
There are 3 ways we will engage with the theme of Beholding & Becoming in 2021.
1. Church-Wide Bible Reading Plan: The Gospels & Acts
We are reading one book each month (twice through the year) to imitate the teachings of Jesus. Sign up here to receive a weekly email each Monday containing three things:
- WATCH a short video about the book of the Bible we are reading to stir your affections towards Jesus as we Behold him in the word.
- READ a section of scripture for the week at your own pace (not a daily checklist) along with a “Moment With Jesus” story that we want to meditate on together as a body.
- ENGAGE with 4 questions to consider each week on how you can sit with Jesus, listen to Jesus, Obey Jesus, and Be like Jesus, as well as activities for families and groups.
2. Practicing Spiritual Disciplines
We are focusing on some key Spiritual Disciplines throughout the year to imitate the life of Jesus. We are spending 2 months pressing into each discipline through resources designed to equip and stories to encourage us as we are transformed.
- Prayer & Fasting - February & March
- The Word - April & May
- Serve - June
- Evangelism - July & August
- Rest - September
- Sacrificial Living - October & November
- Worship - November & December
3. Church-Wide Discipleship Focus
Every area of ministry engages with Beholding & Becoming from Community Groups to Families to Staff to Prayer to Sunday Mornings. Here are a few ways that we are focusing on Beholding & Becoming like Jesus:
- 1st Sundays in Jan, Mar, May, Jul, Sept, Nov - Sermon on Beholding & Becoming,
- 1st Sundays in Feb, Apr, Jun, Aug, Oct, Dec - Spotlight introducing a Spiritual Discipline Focus.
- 5th Sundays (4x a year) - Celebration Sundays for celebrating Baptism, Communion, and extended times of worship, prayer & prophetic ministry
- Our Weekly Email Updates include examples of how those in our body are engaging with the “Moment with Jesus” story, as well as resources for practicing the Spiritual Disciplines