But Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.” (Matthew 19:14)
As a diverse spiritual family, we believe it is valuable to worship together with our children in the corporate gathering. We have dedicated every 5th Sunday (4 times a year) to family worship. We will celebrate as a family and worship through song, baptisms, communion, scripture, and prayer and prophetic ministry.
Classes will be held on that day for our youngest family members, 1yr-3yr olds, but all other children will join us for the entire service.
Here are some useful tips for preparing your children to feel welcome and engage with the Lord during the service.
- Talk with your children about what to expect before you arrive.
- Discuss the order of service, what we do in service and why.
- Pray for them!
- Have your children bring their Bible to look up the scripture reading and follow along.
- Grab an activity packet and crayons as you arrive to help busy hands engaged.
- Move alongside your children in worship. We encourage all the postures of worship including dancing!
What a joy it is to train our children up to enjoy God and worship Him alongside the family of Bridgeway!