But Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.” (Matthew 19:14)
As a diverse spiritual family, we believe it is valuable to worship together with our children in the corporate gathering. To this end, we dedicate the last Sunday of every month to family worship. We will celebrate as a spiritual family and worship through song, communion, scripture, prayer, and prophetic ministry.
Classes will be held on that day for our youngest family members, in the Nursery (birth-3yo) and for pre-K/K. 1st through 5th grade will join their families in the auditorium for the full service.
Here are some useful tips for preparing your children to feel welcome and engage with the Lord during the service.
- Talk with your children about what to expect before you arrive.
- Decide if your child is ready to take communion.
- Discuss the order of service, what we do in service and why.
- Pray for them!
- Have your children bring their Bible to look up the scripture reading and follow along.
- Grab an activity packet and crayons as you arrive to help busy hands engage.
- Move alongside your children in worship. We encourage all the postures of worship including dancing!
What a joy it is to train our children up to enjoy God and worship Him alongside the family of Bridgeway!