Pastoral care at Bridgeway is predominately a function of our community groups by those who know and get to express their love and care daily. Approximately 95% of pastoral care can be taken care of in the daily rhythms of Bridgeway community life. The other 5%, however, occurs when a person is in need of long-term help, or a difficult and ongoing situation that is more than a group and its leaders can manage on their own.
The following ministries are run by our deacons who focus on a particular area of pastoral care:
- Widows Ministry
- Premarital Mentoring
- Caring for home-bound and varying degrees of convalescence
- Hospital and emergency room prayer
- Prayer ministries
- Inner healing and deliverance
- Benevolence and assistance to covenant members, regular attendees, and those in our immediate neighborhood
- Global worker support (advocacy teams)
If you have questions about these ministries, please consult with your community group leader or contact us.