A Guide to Prayer During COVID-19
Here are some ideas on how to abide as you spend time with Him:
- Put on some worship or soaking prayer music. Allow your heart to connect to the One who is in control of all things, who loves you, and who longs to speak with you.
- Ask Him to open your heart, eyes, and ears to hear Him speaking, and then sit quietly and listen. If you are feeling distracted, have a pen and paper nearby so you can write down those thoughts and then continue to listen for Him. Guys, this takes practice! God knows you have a lot on your mind, so allow Him to teach you how to listen to Him.
- When He speaks write down what He is saying and then pray through it or ask more questions. This is one of the ways He calls us into intercession for other people and circumstances.
- Spend some time thanking Him for all that He has done in your life. Being grateful will bring peace and joy to your heart!
- Allow your heart to swell as you think on His character and His heart for His children. Begin to tell Him of His greatness, His holiness, and His majesty.
- Once you have felt His nearness and a release of abiding, you can move into a time of petition.
"The Lord answered her, “Martha, my beloved Martha. Why are you upset and troubled, pulled away by all these many distractions? Are they really that important? Mary has discovered the one thing most important by choosing to sit at my feet. She is undistracted, and I won’t take this privilege from her.” - Luke 10:41-42, TPT